13/01/2022 - 17/01/2022 - Kum Ba Yah Girl Guides Camp, Mt Keira
$150 - $550 + BF
13/01/2022 - 17/01/2022
Kum Ba Yah Girl Guides Camp
We haver another awesome retreat with Master Griot Epizo Bangoura.
Join us at the beautiful Kum Ba Yah Girl Guides Camp nestled in the rainforests of Mt Keira near Wollongong for a weekend of Kora, drumming and dance workshops.
For the first time in Australia we will be holding group Kora workshops on Jan 13th and 14th.
Kum Ba Yah is set in tranquil bush land, close to the many facilities and beaches Wollongong has to offer, yet in a secluded escarpment location. This unique and extensive site has both indoor and outdoor camping areas, with areas for small groups and plenty of space for large camps.
The full retreat price includes all tuition, live gigs, accomodation and food.
9am Arrival / Check in
10am Kora Workshop 1
2pm Kora Workshop 2
9am Kora Workshop 3
12pm Drum and dance arrival / check in
12pm Dun Dun Dance
8.30pm Dance Concert
Wangi House x 35
- Large cottage and dormitory with disabled access and separate Leader’s room
- Three bathrooms, one with disabled access
- Spacious kitchen with full facilities
- Large dining and activities area
- Indoor open fireplace and electric heaters
- Surrounded by large, grassy areas
- Wood BBQ/ fireplace, gas BBQ available for hire
Campflat x 100
- Two large, flat, grassy camping areas
- Wet weather cooking shelter with four fire places
- Two amenities blocks with hot water
- Wood BBQ/ fireplaces with water taps